Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ten day trip to east coast

Well, now that I am done with my MBA and I am obligated to take my family to places in U.S. we planned to visit for long time. Fortunately, or unfortunately, my office announced a week shutdown after the July 4th weekend. In sum, we had 10 days to spend and decided to visit east coast. We flew from San Jose (SJC) to O'hare airport (ORD) in Chicago via. American Airlines. Finally, I used the miles I collected for a decade to book the tickets for whole family. I still have 50K+ miles left.

Luckily, Guru Purnima fell on the same week, so as a family we attended Art of Living course in Chicago. My wife (Vidhya) and I did advanced course and my daughter (Kirti) did Angels course. Kirti had lots of fun during the course. She made quite a lot of friends and all kids liked Kirti. Through her friendship we became friends with Mohan and his family (Kavitha, Chinnu & Laasya), who live in Delaware. It was an awesome experience for us too, as we were in silence for 3 days, except when Kirti was around. Guru Purnima courses wrapped up on Guru Purnima day (July 07, 2009) with great celebration. Btw, during Guru Purnima I wore kurtha for first time.

Guru Purnima album can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment